Professional Dental Care in Annapolis
At Lighthouse Family Dentistry, we are committed to providing patients with high-quality dental solutions. We do not see oral health as an isolated issue. Your dental health can influence your physical health. Common dental problems like tooth decay or gum disease adversely affect heart health. Diabetes and heart issues are more likely to be impacted by poor oral health, which is why we encourage our patients to visit our office for routine dental appointments.
We take a comprehensive approach to treating our patients. Our general preventative treatments help reduce the chance of developing oral health problems. Routine dental care that includes a thorough examination and teeth cleanings. Additionally, our cosmetic and restorative treatments can treat problems like tooth damage and loss while improving the appearance of the smile.
Our lead dentist, Dr. E. Taylor Meiser, has years of experience as a prosthodontist and general dentist. After graduating dental school, he traveled around the world, providing dental care to members of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, New Zealand Air Force, and Army, as well as civilians. He continued his education in the field after dental school, learning the best methods to restore the smile and maintain his patient’s oral health. Dr. Meiser has also taught and mentored fellow dentists.
Learn more about our dentist office:
- Meet Dr. E. Taylor Meiser
- Learn more about our dental technology
- Read our Patient Safety and Infection Control Protocol
- Patient testimonials for inspiration
Comfort for Every Patient at our Dentist Office
At Lighthouse Family Dentistry, Dr. Meiser and his team understand that it can be difficult for some patients to visit the dentist. Some patients may have dental fear caused by a negative past experience or anxiety caused by loud noises or dental tools. For patients with severe dental fear or anxiety, we utilize localized anesthesia and dental sedation. These dental tools help relax patients so they can receive the care they need.
If you or a loved one are anxious or fearful about visiting the dentist, please contact our office. We will work with you to find a solution that you are comfortable and happy with.
Modern Dental Services and Technology
Our dental office uses the latest in dental technology and uses modern techniques to replace missing teeth, realign crooked teeth, and brighten the smile:
- ClearCorrect: ClearCorrect utilizes invisible aligners and offers discreet and comfortable orthodontic treatment. With ClearCorrect aligners, patients can eat without dietary restrictions as well as fully brush and floss their teeth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are the gold standard of dental restorations. Patients with a missing tooth can receive a single dental implant, while patients who have rows or arches of lost teeth can receive implant-supported restorations.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Our in-office and take-home teeth whitening treatments help remove stains from the tooth enamel. In-office whitening treatment is great for patients who want immediate results, while take-home treatment allows patients to gradually whiten their smiles in comfort. Both types of treatments are customizable to fit the needs of each individual patient.
- CEREC: We can create dental crowns, inlays, and onlays in our office using CEREC technology. CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic. This technology uses CAD/CAM, or computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing. Our patients can receive same-day dental crowns because we can design and create their restorations in-office.
- CBCT: Cone-beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) is a modern dental x-ray that creates 3-dimensional images. With CBCT scans, our dentists can see the bone, nerve pathways, and tissues of the mouth. For example, we often use CBCT scans to help plan out orthodontic and restorative treatments.
- Intraoral Scanners: Using handheld intraoral scanners, we are able to take digital dental impressions. Gone are the days of messy dental molds. Now our patients can feel comfortable receiving quick impressions without tasteless gels.
Request a Dentist Office Consultation Today
Are you looking for a friendly dental office in Annapolis, Maryland? Call Lighthouse Family Dentistry for dental care today at 410-324-7287. Feel free to schedule a dental appointment with Dr. Meiser online. If you require accommodation, or if you have any questions, please let us know and we will gladly help.