Laser dentistry is a modern general dental treatment method that we provide at Lighthouse Family Dentistry in Annapolis, MD. Dental lasers use light energy to cut the soft tissues of the mouth. They are often used for gum treatments, tongue-tie, or lip-tie. Dr. E. Taylor Meiser will review your options with you at a dental consultation. If you are interested in painless, comfortable care with laser dentistry, please let Dr. Meiser or a team member know.
The Benefits of Dental Lasers
Patients receive many treatment advantages with laser dentistry. Dental lasers:
- Are clean and sterile
- Do not require sutures
- Precisely target gum tissue
- Have lest post-surgical bleeding
- Promote faster healing times
- Offer painless treatment
- Do not damage gum tissue
If you have a gum problem, tongue-tie, or lip-tie, contact our office and ask us about laser dentistry. We will help you determine the right treatment for your specific needs.
Treatments that Use Dental Lasers
There are a variety of treatment options that use dental lasers, including:
- Gum Contouring: This treatment can be used for patients who have infected gum tissue or a “gummy smile”. Gummy smiles are marked by excessive gum tissue over the top teeth or below the bottom teeth. During gum contouring treatment, we use a dental laser that precisely cuts excessive or infected gum tissue.
- Gum grafting: Similar to gum contouring, gum grafting cuts the gum tissue. However, this is done to take healthy tissue from one part of the mouth and graft it into a different area. Patients who have receded gums as a result of gum disease benefit from gum grafting treatment.
- Frenectomies: Patients with a tongue or lip-tie benefit from a frenectomy. This treatment cuts the band of tissue that restrict the movement of the lips or tongue. Once this tissue is cut with a laser, patients have a wider range of motion.
Receive Modern Dental Care Today
Discover the benefits of laser dentistry. Schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Meiser on our website or call 410-324-7287. Let us know if you have any remaining questions about laser dentistry. We will be happy to help.