Laser dentistry is a modern general dental treatment method that we provide at Lighthouse Family Dentistry in Annapolis, MD. Dental lasers use light energy to cut the soft tissues of the mouth. They can be used for gum treatments, tongue-tie, or lip-tie. The use of lasers has made invasive procedures pain-free and simple. Lasers allow our dentists to work with extreme precision so that we only remove necessary tissues and can avoid nerves.
Dr. E. Taylor Meiser will review your options with you at a dental consultation. If you are interested in painless, comfortable care with laser dentistry, please let Dr. Meiser or a team member know. With the use of laser dentistry, there are faster healing times, very little damage to tissue, and and procedures are pain-free.
The Benefits of Dental Lasers
Patients receive many treatment advantages with laser dentistry. Some of the benefits of dental lasers include:
- Are clean and sterile
- Do not require sutures
- Precisely target gum tissue
- Have lest post-surgical bleeding
- Promote faster healing times
- Offer painless treatment
- Do not damage gum tissue
Contact our office and ask us about laser dentistry if you have a gum problem, tongue tie, or lip tie. We will help you determine the proper treatment for your specific needs, and see if laser dentistry may be used to help you!
Laser Dentistry in Annapolis, MD
There are a variety of treatment options that use dental lasers. These procedures and treatments include:
- Gum Contouring: This treatment can be used for patients with infected gum tissue or a “gummy smile”. Gummy smiles are marked by excessive gum tissue over the top teeth or below the bottom teeth. We use a dental laser during gum contouring treatment that precisely cuts excessive or infected gum tissue.
- Gum grafting: Like gum contouring, gum grafting cuts the gum tissue. However, this treatment takes healthy tissue from one part of the mouth and graft it into a different area. Patients who have receded gums as a result of gum disease benefit from gum grafting treatment. When lasers are used for gum grafting procedures, patients typically heal much faster than if traditional methods were used.
- Frenectomies: Patients with a tongue or lip-tie benefit from a frenectomy. This treatment cuts the band of tissue that is restricting the movement of the lips or tongue. Once we cut this tissue with a laser, patients have a wider range of motion in their mouth.
Receive Modern Dental Care Today
Discover the benefits of laser dentistry. Schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Meiser on our website or call 410-324-7287. Let us know if you have any remaining questions about laser dentistry. We will be happy to help you get answers to your dental questions.