At Lighthouse Family Dentistry, we provide general dental treatment to patients with sedation dentistry in Annapolis, MD. Dental sedation is often used to relax patients during longer or more complex treatments, including tooth extractions or dental implantation. However, patients who have dental fear or anxiety also benefit from sedation.
Under sedation, patients who have not visited the dentist due to a negative past experience or have generalized dental anxiety can get the care they need. Our lead dentist, Dr. E. Taylor Meiser, works with his patients to accommodate their needs and make sure that they feel comfortable in his office.
What are the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry in Annapolis, MD?
There are several advantages of dental treatments that use sedation dentistry. Dental sedation:
- Alleviates dental fear and anxiety
- Allows complex treatment with fewer visits
- Helps patients feel comfortable
- Makes it easier for our team to provide care
Please let our office know if you or a loved one need accommodation with dental sedation. We will work with you to find the best option to fit your comfort level.
Types of Dental Sedation
We offer conscious sedation when necessary during dental treatments:
- Oral Conscious Sedation: This type of sedation is a pill that patients take several hours before treatment. It allows patients to still stay conscious during their treatment. However, patients will not remember their procedure or feel pain during treatment. Because oral conscious sedation takes time to wear off, patients will need a ride to and from the dental office.
Request a Dental Consultation
Are you anxious when you think of visiting the dentist? Do you or a loved one require dental sedation? Schedule a dental appointment with Dr. Meiser online or call Lighthouse Family Dentistry today at 410-324-7287. If you have any questions or concerns about sedation, please let us know. We will be glad to help.